Electronic seat adjustment switch

R51 specific technical questions & information

Moderator: Forum Administrator

Electronic seat adjustment switch

Postby colfw » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:30 pm

Hi all, Col here, I have a R51 ST-L Build date Sep 2012 and the driver's electronic seat adjustment switch is malfunctioning.
Also the driver's side electric window auto 'up and down' has stopped working but the manual function is OK.
I have extended warranty which expires 30 April 2019. Asked Nissan dealership if they could replace faulty switches under warranty and they said yes.
Two weeks later Nissan dealership tells me Mr. Nissan have stopped making these parts and they are no longer available.
I asked what other parts have they stopped making and are no longer available, and what do I do if I have a crash? Should I have to accept secondhand parts from the wreckers for a vehicle still under warranty?
I have been told that sometimes other vehicle manufacturers share components and these switches may be sourced from another manufacturer.
The Nissan dealership said they would contact Mr.Nissan to find a solution.
Should have bought a Jeep.
colfw

Location - Town or City: Brisbane
Location - State: QLD
Location - Country: Australia

Re: Electronic seat adjustment switch

Postby Smitty » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:55 am

Window switch might just have lost its present.

Put it down and hold it for two seconds, then put it up and hold it for two seconds.

Try a different dealer, there was a recall on the seat switches so I would think if it is that they can't refuse to replace... Sound like muppets
R51 Pathfinder and a go anywhere attitude
Smitty
PCoA Administrator

Location - Town or City: PCOA
Location - State: ACT Chapter
Location - Country: Down Under

Postby Justpotholes » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:14 pm

Hi all

I have a 07 R51 TI and the Passenger side seat switch went belly up, Nissan do have stock as it is used on many of Nissan models. BE PREPARED TO LOSE YOUR FIRST BORN $$$$$ Wise.

As far as the Widow switch goes prise off the whole switch assembly and give the switches a dose of WD40.

Peter
Last edited by Justpotholes on Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
2007 R51 Pathy TI, Auto, EGR plate, Catchcan, Bridgestone A/T, Dual Spotties, 24" LED Bar, 2DIN HD CAR DVD PLAYER GPS NAV REV CAM
UHF CB, Yaesu VHF-UHF, and HF-VHF-UHF, Codan 9350 Auto Antenna
Ham Radio since 1965, still active in Aust, 1966/67 in South Vietnam

PCOA Member 105
Justpotholes
PCoA Legacy Member

Location - Town or City: Regents Park QLD

Postby Wazza » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:44 pm

The window can be reset as described above.... I did this yesterday. It works :)
2011 ST-L Diesel. All stock.
Wazza

Location - Town or City: Brisbane
Location - State: QLD
Location - Country: Australia

Postby Justpotholes » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:28 am

AMENDMENT TO MY POST HERE.

I should have stated that my passenger seat switch was Physically broken and NOT electronically, the plastic failed.

I have a 07 R51 TI and the Passenger side seat switch went belly up, Nissan do have stock as it is used on many of Nissan models. BE PREPARED TO LOSE YOUR FIRST BORN $$$$$ Wise.

As far as the Widow switch goes prise off the whole switch assembly and give the switches a dose of WD40.

Peter
2007 R51 Pathy TI, Auto, EGR plate, Catchcan, Bridgestone A/T, Dual Spotties, 24" LED Bar, 2DIN HD CAR DVD PLAYER GPS NAV REV CAM
UHF CB, Yaesu VHF-UHF, and HF-VHF-UHF, Codan 9350 Auto Antenna
Ham Radio since 1965, still active in Aust, 1966/67 in South Vietnam

PCOA Member 105
Justpotholes
PCoA Legacy Member

Location - Town or City: Regents Park QLD

Return to R51 Pathfinder (2005 to 2013)