R51 unlocking itself

R51 specific technical questions & information

Moderator: Forum Administrator

R51 unlocking itself

Postby wogboy » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:47 pm

Hoping someone here may be able to help me out. I have a new issue which has happened a couple of times now and it has got me baffled as to why its happening. Since winter has started and it happens only on cold icy morning i know my car is locked properly and i have even been double checking to make sure it is. But when i go out to work in the morning the interior light is on and all doors are unlocked. Obviously im thinking moisture of the cold air is causing this to happen. Anyone have any ideas what it could be? Luckily i start work early and it hasn't given me a dead battery yet!

[MOD EDIT - Moved to the R51 Tech Section where more people may be able to help (beeno)]
wogboy

Location - Town or City: Melbourne
Location - State: VIC
Location - Country: Australia

Re: R51 unlocking itself

Postby ImNotLost » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:40 pm

with the interior light on, it's likely to have only just unlocked. Is it happening when you get within remote range? Maybe you need to have someone watch the car as you approach with the keys to see if the indicators flash. Especially if you approach the car from somewhere you can't see it. Maybe your remote button is being pressed permanently?

Is someone playing silly buggers with you with the other remote?
Richard
2001 FZJ105 Landcruiser 50th Anniversary Manual, 2" lift, 305/70R16 play tyres. Yes, it's a Cruiser, it's petrol and I'm never going to get Pathy economy :( Image
Previous: 2012 ST-L Thunder Blue Manual. Image
our other car is a 2006 Diesel Astra manual. Goes hard and uses little fuel!
ImNotLost
PCoA Legacy Member

Location - Town or City: Winston Hills NSW

Re: R51 unlocking itself

Postby wogboy » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:01 pm

Hi thanks for the reply. But no its not happening by the remote being with in range. I know this because the remote doesn`t work to well and half the time i have to knock it for it to work. The keys be hung up, and i know i am not pressing them. Its happened to me like 3 times this month. Strange this is it was freezing again last night but didn`t do it this morning. Its only once in a while it happens.
wogboy

Location - Town or City: Melbourne
Location - State: VIC
Location - Country: Australia

Return to R51 Pathfinder (2005 to 2013)